Saturday, November 15, 2014

Browse » home » » » » » Window box cold frame

Window box cold frame

a window-based cold frame
My results (on my first attempt) werent pretty like my gardening friends, but serviceable.

But I didnt need power tools.

I used nails and twine to secure the sides (so I can take it apart to store), and the top lies securely on the sides.

If I can find two taller end pieces (or the right-sized windows), it would look much nicer, but it seems functional.
windows and a electric screwdriver (not needed)

another low tech bamboo hoop house with plastic
components

I sowed some spinach and arugula seeds, and transplanted some lettuce.  Well see.

Im hoping that my second box (in a bed in the mountains) will look nicer, but that depends on matching the windows with the ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment