Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Browse » home » » » » Earthquakes Fall Crops

Earthquakes Fall Crops

Today was kind of exciting, There was a 5.0 earthquake about 6hrs north of Brantford. I was upstairs doing some renovating and the floor started bouncing. This house is quite old which just added to the bounce with its sunken floors. I thought the floor was going to cave in. No damage thankfully but the shelves fell out of a bookcase. Crazy!

After I caught my breath I planted some fall crops.... Above are 9 early dividend broccoli and 3 purple sprouting broccoli. Last year I started all the fall broccoli on June 1st so I am a little late this year. The summer is reported to be a hot one so the late start will probably be beneficial.

I also order a few things to plant this fall and they arrived the other day. Here is what came from Johnnys for fall planting:
  • red pac choi
  • bonsai pac choi (mini green variety)
  • happy rich broccoli (asian sprouting variety)
I also picked up a few other things:
  • Anuenue Summer Crisp Lettuce (for a summer planting)
  • Savor F1 Charentais Melons (for next year)
  • NuMex Joe E Parker Peppers, Anaheim type (for next year)
  • Sugar Snap Pea (for next year)

No comments:

Post a Comment